Monday, July 26, 2010

Water in Motion


Pleasanton Ridge
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
The theme for my photography project this week is "Water in Motion." This is a great theme...although I wish it was in the spring, when all of the local, seasonal creeks are flowing. I love shooting moving water with a slow shutter speed, giving the water a beautiful, misty look....but unfortunately, by late July most of the creeks here are dry. But, I have a few ideas for the week. For today's shot, I took a quick snap of our bathroom basin...didn't have much time because I had to meet some friends for a hike after work.

We did a quick hike at the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park. I feel so lucky to have a hiking trail so close to home. We started at the Foothill staging area and did a quick loop before dark. Here's a picture of the grassy hills of Pleasanton. I liked the low sun angle and how part of the hill is in the shade, due to the ridge blocking the sun.

The East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) manages a number of parks in the area. I've been taking pictures in the local parks and have been posting them in an EBPRD Flickr group. Check out the district's website for some of my photos. A few are currently being shown on the Shadow Cliffs (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/shadow_cliffs) and Pleasanton Ridge (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/pleasanton) pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment