Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pleasanton Street Fair


103/365 - Going Home
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
After work, I went to the Pleasanton Street Fair in downtown. The City blocks off Main Street on the first Wednesday of the month from 6-9 PM for the fair. Various vendors set up little booths in the middle of the street. Most of the booths were pretty lame, but I almost stopped by the American Legion booth. I played a few years of American Legion baseball a long time ago and seeing them revived some cool memories. The food smelled awesome. I would have bought something if the lines weren't so long and the prices so high.

While walking back to my car, I heard the laughter of the child on the bike. I happened to have my camera in my hand when I heard the laughter and I turned it on and fired off a shot using whatever the camera was set at. I panned with the bike as I took the shot and it came out acceptably sharp (to me), with a bit more blur in the background. I loved the way the balloons were flying behind the bike...and of course the girl's laughter made me smile.

Food Update: I made some curry today using the Japanese curry boxed mix. I used the remaining carrots and onion....the onion was actually going bad, so only half of it was good. For protein, I cubed some venison from the freezer. I recall this curry mix tasting a lot better....maybe it's because this particular box expired in 2006. I need to crawl back into our pantry...I'm guessing some of that stuff is older than Jesus....and I'm not talking about the Mexican one...

No comments:

Post a Comment