Thursday, July 15, 2010

Liver Two Ways


Cows' Number One Fan
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
Today is the kids' lucky day! Why you ask? Well, because I cooked a ton of liver and they are ten thousand miles away...too far to have some!

I checked the freezer last night and there was a lot of frozen protein available. Unfortunately, most were in "family sized" packages and not "Wayne sized" packages. For example, there are three trout frozen in one Foodsaver pack and five flat iron steaks in another. I suppose I could cut the packages open, remove what I need, and repackage the rest of it. Nah, too much work...I figured I'd have liver instead.

I defrosted this little container of liver. I'm amazed at how much liver fits in a little plastic tub! I mixed flour, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and Cayenne pepper, then floured and fried the sliced liver. For tonight's dinner, I had fried liver (with lots of ketchup and Tabasco) and some instant mashed potatoes, left over from my backpacking trip. I gotta say, it was pretty tasty!

For tomorrow's dinner, I threw the leftover fried liver into a pot and braised it in some barbecue sauce. It'll share my plate tomorrow with some leftover tuna casserole.

Here's a picture of some cows at the county fair last week. I thought I'd post a picture of my dinner....well, one of their organs anyway. I had a great time taking pictures last week at the Pleasanton street fair, the county fair, and on the river. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling the inspiration this week. The theme for my photo project is "in the kitchen" and I've been taking some pretty lame pictures "in the kitchen"...but I still have two more days to put a cool shot together...

No comments:

Post a Comment