Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Much for the Chores

I was dead tired yesterday and took a nap after work. My brother called and twisted my arm to cruise over to his place to go out. So, I grabbed a quick shower, packed my backpack, hopped on the train (BART) and headed to San Mateo. I wasn't feeling very well on the train...probably since it was 9:30 PM and I hadn't eaten anything since lunch.

We went to dinner at this quaint Japanese place called Izakaya Mai. Thankfully the wait wasn't long because I was starvin' Marvin. The food was great and the service likewise. If you're ever in San Mateo, you definitely should have dinner here....five stars! After a nice meal and a couple of beers, we headed back to his place and finished the night with some sake....until 2:30 AM.

I woke up at 6:30 AM, nice and refreshed....NOT! I forced myself back to sleep and finally rolled off the couch at 8:30 AM. My brother made some Korean food for brunch...bulgogi, homemade kim chee, and even a noodle soup. I don't have a scale handy, but I suspect I lost a few pounds in sweat. The food was incredible, but I'm sure the real highlight will be once all this spice moves through my digestive system. All I can say is, "I hope he has Charmin...and not the cheap stuff!"

This is a picture of my brother' collection of magnets, from his travels over the years. Not a great shot....and I'm glad the week of "in the kitchen" shots is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment