Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Cell Phones

Today the kids got new cell phones...the boy, an upgrade and the girl, her first phone ever. The boy was happy, but mostly inside...where it counts, I guess. The girl almost floated away on a cloud. This picture accurately captured her extraordinary state of joy. I love this picture...makes me smile!

We got back from Guam on Tuesday morning at 5 AM and I decided to cancel my vacation day and go into the office. No sense wasting a vacation day wandering aimlessly around the house in a comatose state, trying to stay awake for fifteen more hours. I figured I could catch up on a week's worth of work e-mails, get status updates, and other brainless activities....and spend my vacation day on more productive things. By 4 PM, I'd been awake for thirty-something hours straight and was so tired, I felt like throwing up. I finally went to bed around 10:30 PM, reached a state of unconsciousness by 10:31 PM, and the next thing I knew, it was 8 AM. The best sleep ever...speaking of which, I'd better shut down now....

No comments:

Post a Comment