Monday, August 30, 2010

Cars

The theme for my photography project this week is "cars." There was a car show at the Alameda County Fairgrounds this past weekend, but I missed it. I spent the day yesterday in San Francisco checking out the Japanese tea garden and the art museum. No complaints...I had a fun time taking pictures yesterday.

My co-worker is on vacation this week so it's going to be very busy at work. My approach to the car theme this week is to focus on close-up "artsy" shots of car parts this week.

For today's shot, I tackled the rear wheel from Mia's truck. I used a large aperture to create a shallow depth of field (focused on one of the lug nuts), a circular polarizing filter to cut some of the glare off the wheel, and processed the photo using Lightroom 3 software to give it a soft, rich, monochrome look.

No comments:

Post a Comment