Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cure for Boredom


Pulling the Buoy
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
If you ever find your life is boring and unfulfilling, have a couple of kids and you'll never have a dull moment again. Of course, I'd suggest you finish your schooling, get a job, and get married BEFORE you take on this endeavor. Kids, I hope you saw the big "before" in all caps...do all three of these things before you have children and you'll live long and happy lives. Don't complete all three prerequisites and...well, you're smart kids...

Okay, so back on the subject at hand. Being a bachelor earlier this summer for six weeks was pretty cool. I took naps in the afternoons, relaxed in the evenings (since there weren't any family commitments), and went hiking, fishing, and backpacking on the weekends. However, now that I'm in Guam with the family, I must say, life without them isn't nearly as fun. Just look at the two goof-balls in the photo and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Those two characters crack me up all the time.

Kids are definitely worth the hundreds of thousands of dollars required to rear them, send them to college, etc. So, kids, remember how much I appreciate and love you...and if you stick me in a nursing home when I'm old....well, you're smart kids....

No comments:

Post a Comment