Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leaving Home

We left Guam today (technically, yesterday). =(

I've been to Guam four or five times now and I always have a great time on the island. It's a laid back place, where everyone runs on island time. The big cities aren't big and there isn't a whole lot to do....except relax, go to the beach, and hang out with family and friends. But that's what I love about it....the simplicity and the quality time spent together.

If I was single, I'd consider moving there to live and help my brother in-law with the business. Then again, if I was single, he wouldn't be my bro in-law...boy, life sure is complicated. That minor nuance aside, I would gladly trade my high-paying, high-stress, high-tech job in the states for a simpler life in Guam....if I didn't have a family to feed, clothe, and shelter. The only thing I really dislike about Guam is the hot, humid weather....and the mosquitoes suck (literally)!

I titled this blog entry "Leaving Home" because although I've never actually lived in Guam, every time I depart, I always feel like I'm leaving home.

This is a picture from the airplane the morning we left Guam. I loved the beautiful, dramatic colors in the sky and the reflection in the wing. I purposely underexposed the sky a little to bring out more of the dramatic colors in the sky....and used a "cloudy" white balance to add a bit more warmth to the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment