Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pile of Creativity

A Cow's Been Here by Wayne-K
A Cow's Been Here, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

The East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) offers some of the most incredible outdoor experiences in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've spent many days fishing, hiking, camping, and photographing the beautiful parks and lakes over the years. The EBRPD also maintains a Flickr group, capturing photos taken within the parks. Photos from this group are frequently highlighted on the EBPRD web page.

I posted a number of photos to the group this past weekend. One of the photos caught the eye (or nose?) of the EBRPD Public Affairs team. Here's the note I received:

dear Wayne
I believe these are the first cow "patties" we have had submitted to the EBRPD pool. They are definitely a part of the parks... but I don't think we want them highlighted on the park page. Feel free to re-submit them if you remove the park name from the tags.
Photos tagged with the park name rotate into a small gallery on that park's web page. Thanks. @ EBRPD



Apparently, I've tapped into a pile of artistic creativity not experienced in Pleasanton previously! Perhaps it isn't "creativity" -- it could be just "strange" as my wife calls me, or "weird" as my kids call me. Anyway, I can understand why the Public Affairs group wouldn't want their parks represented with a pile of cow poop. I promised them I would focus on the more scenic views in the future…LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment