Wednesday, February 22, 2012

D80 Is Back

Portraits by Wayne-K
Portraits, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

I borrowed my brother's Nikon D90 for the high school basketball season this year because it handles high ISO much better than my older D80....thanks bro! Now that the season is over, I returned his camera and got my D80 back.

I was glad to get my baby back, even though it seems to have a bit more sensor dust than I remember...but no worries, I'll pull out the Rocket Blower and swabs soon.

My brother was glad to get his D90 back as well. Apparently he shoots high ISO much more than I do. I tend to shoot high ISO for basketball (i.e., dark, indoor, fast moving subjects), but otherwise, primarily base ISO (ISO 100).

Anyway, I was sitting here wondering when I used my D80 last. I dug through my photos and it looks like the last time I used it was for Christmas portraits, back on Dec 11 (see the picture above). The next time I use my D80 will probably be on opening day of the Pleasanton Girls Softball League (PGSL), on March 17. That will give me a couple of weeks to get my sensor cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment