Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's a Conspiracy (Part 3)

Don't Worry, Be Happy by Wayne-K
Don't Worry, Be Happy, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Holy cow, I must be on Candid Camera....

Earlier today, the shower in my hotel room had cold water and colder water. I mentioned it to the lady at the front desk, she apologized and called maintenance to get it fixed. I figured the problem was there were too many hotel visitors taking a shower this morning and they drained the water heater before I could shower.

To work around this problem, I decided to shower tonight, so I wouldn't have to worry about hot water in the morning. Well, the good news is they fixed the cold/colder water problem. The bad news is I had NO cold water. Tonight, I had hot water and hotter water. Let me be clear, the water temperature ranged from "third degree burn" hot to "first degree burn" hot.

I let the water run, hoping the water heater would run out of hot water so I could rinse in warm water. No luck. The shower turned into a sauna. Being a semi-intelligent person with creativity and ingenuity, I turned the water flow down low, hoping sufficient heat transfer would happen between the trickling water and the air before the water hit my skin. It helped, but not by much. Anyway, I managed to get washed and rinsed without scalding myself. I'm not sure I got all the soap off, but I don't care....I'm heading home tomorrow.

Fact is stranger than fiction! I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried....

No comments:

Post a Comment