Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn


191/365 - Rain's Coming
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
I love summer! I love the warm weather, the sunshine, and the long daylight hours. I never cared much for the cold winter season. Before I continue, I know some of you don't consider California winters cold, but compared to Hawaii, it's freezing here!! Okay, now that I got that out of the way, where was I? Oh, yeah...Autumn brings cooler weather, beautiful colors (well, not so much around here), and fluffy clouds....in other words, more interesting landscape pictures.

I woke up this morning and noticed the sky was filled with beautiful clouds. They even had a touch of red from the rising sun. I had planned on taking some photographs at the park today, but decided to head to the hills to capture the great clouds. I drove to the Morgan Territory Regional Preserve, which is just north of Livermore, CA (about 25 minutes away).

Picture:

For this shot, I used my wide-angle lens, got up close to the fence to fill the foreground with the first post, and used a small aperture for maximum DOF. A ND grad filter helped reduce the contrast difference between the sky and foreground and of course, the tripod allowed me to shoot with a slower shutter speed. I placed the bright umbrella against the fence to add a bit of interest and color....and because I thought it fit in nicely with the gray clouds in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment