Thursday, September 16, 2010

Couples


174/365 - Daddy's Home!
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
The theme for my photo project this week is "Portrait Photography: Couples." This is a tough one for me because I'm not much of a portrait photographer and don't have the reflectors, lights, flash, etc. I don't even know any loving couples....everyone I know is married!

I usually like to follow the theme, but instead of taking a bunch of crummy portraits (or investing in a lot of gear I'll never use again), I decided to tailor the theme to include couples of things.

I titled today's photo "Daddy's Home!" I was trying to create the image of a father coming home from a long day at work and being greeted at the door by his happy children and his wife, with a bow in her hair, his newspaper in hand, and yearning to know how his day went. Okay I'm dreaming again! That's every (married) man's dream...well, at least in a rated PG blog, anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment