Friday, January 13, 2012

Small Wurlz

Amador by Wayne-K
Amador, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

I was shooting the Amador Valley basketball game tonight and a photographer from SPORTSWURLZ walked up to me and asked, "Don't I know you from some where?"

I said, "Oh hi, I'm Wayne, I know you from church...we just hadn't been there in a while..." Yes, I guess it's been a while.

There are only so many ways to shoot a basketball game, and while I haven't figured them all out yet, I'm yearning for a change of pace. Today, I decided to seek out some different shots.

Here's Max, getting ready to get back into the game. Is he Tebowing?

Tebowing?

Here's a headless and legless player. I call him number thirty five. I liked the angles in his bent arms.

Thirty Five

Here's a picture of the coach. He's not a "sit on the bench and relax" kind of coach. He prefers to yell at his players, gently encouraging them to stop screwing up.

Coach

Here's a player doing the right thing...scoring. Look, there are three opposing players, just helplessly standing there while he pulls up for a jumper.

Jumper

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to see new perspectives of typical subjects. Great eye for some interesting and great shots.

    ReplyDelete