Monday, January 9, 2012

Paisley's Bath

Paisley's Bath II by Wayne-K
Paisley's Bath II, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Paisley got a bath today. Well, technically it was a shower in the front yard with a garden hose. We don’t normally wash our dogs in the middle of winter, but then again, our dogs don’t normally poop in their kennels at night. Kami volunteered (sort of) to help me wash Paisley. She and I worked together and it was done in no time. Kami washed Paisley’s head, while I washed….err, Paisley’s other side. Let’s just say Kami got the cuter side. Now, I love Golden Retrievers, but I don’t like pulling “stuff” out of their long fur and feathering. Fortunately, it was a warmer than normal winter day and we were able to wash her without suffering from hypothermia.

Kevin wasn’t so willing and was volun-told to wash out the kennel. He did a nice job cleaning it out. As a reward, we had pizza for dinner tonight. Fried chicken would have been great…but we didn’t want a “finger licking good” meal, if you know what I mean.

So, today was a “crappy” day. In fact, it down right “stunk.” On the positive side, I got to spend some quality time with the kids and dog.

Here are a few quick pictures of Kami drying Paisley with a towel and hair dryer.

Paisley's Bath III

Paisley's Bath I

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! Great post; wish I'd stopped by here the day you posted so I could have had a nice chuckle then. Paisley is adorable, even if she does leave behind under appreciated gifts for you. :)

    ReplyDelete