Friday, January 6, 2012

Amador at Granada

The Amador Valley Dons visited Granada High School in Livermore today. The Junior Varsity team played a hard game, but came up short. There were too many turnovers and a lot of missed shots. It appears Granada installed a lid on the Amador basket.

It's tough being a parent and a photographer at these games. As a parent, I want to watch and enjoy the game. But as a photographer, I'm looking through my viewfinder, trying to anticipate the next play. I'm usually oblivious to everything going on, frequently not knowing who's winning or even when my own son is on the court.

Today, I spent the last few minutes of the first half sitting in the bleachers, relaxing, and watching the game. Well, not really relaxing because these games are stressful! I think it's less stressful shooting pictures and not knowing what's going on in the game. If you like basketball, check out your local high school games. It's a lot more fun and exciting than the NBA...

Spalding

Driving to the Hoop

5 on 5

#25

No comments:

Post a Comment