Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life Lessons

The wife and kids are away for the summer, so I am once again the boss of the house!! It's only been two days and I've already learned a few things.

Lesson #1: Dump the water out of the cups before loading them into the dish washer. This will save you the follow-on step of mopping the floor.

Lesson #2: Perhaps it's time to fix the sprinkler system. We've been using these sprinklers that screw into the hose for the last few years because I was too lazy to fix the broken sprinkler. One of the neighborhood kids (possibly related to me) stepped on it and broke the PVC pipe below the ground. Anyway, I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought another cheap screw-in-the-hose sprinkler.

Lesson #3: If you're going to set your refrigerator temp at the coldest setting, do not fill up a glass container full with water and cap it. Today, I noticed a minor flood in the fridge. Apparently the water froze, expanded, and shattered the glass container. I swear I set the fridge at the middle setting....perhaps one of my roommates changed it.

Okay, that's it....I'm sure there will be more lessons learned in the upcoming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment