Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy


Don't Worry, Be Happy II
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
I'm heading north tomorrow after work for a backpacking trip in the Trinity Alps Wilderness. It's a bit early in the season to be backpacking at the higher elevations, but we wanted to take advantage of the long weekend. According to the ranger reports, we may encounter steep snow fields, so we're carrying ice axes as a precautionary measure...but the real challenge might be crossing the snow-melt swollen creeks.

I hope to take some nice photos in the mountains. I've been taking a lot of lame pictures this week, including a Fruit Loop happy face. I'm debating whether or not to carry my tripod. My "lightweight" Bogen 3001N with quick-release, ball head is a not-so-light-for-backpacking four pounds. I went to Wal-Mart this evening and bought a small, one pound, table top tripod. Since this is a rated PG blog, I'll just say it's essentially a $14 toy. The plastic head wobbles more than a weeble....and it'll probably fall down! Hopefully I can tape up the packaging and return it. Bad news is I don't have time to buy the used, lightweight, Gitzo tripod I had my eyes on. Worse news is my Bogen tripod is in the trunk of my cousin's car. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to pick it up tomorrow during lunch. This whole tripod situation sucks....but don't worry, be happy!

I had my hearty minced meat stew for lunch and dinner today. I should finish the remaining leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Speaking of food, I had an amazing revelation this past Sunday. I was looking for some sunscreen and came across my daughter's fish tank. The fish hadn't been fed for a week....oops! One of the fish looked like Karen Carpenter....but worry not, they've been fed twice a day since then. Don't worry, be happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment