Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Eighties


96/365 - My 80's Trilogy
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
The photo theme for this week is "The Eighties." Okay, I need to come clean. While many of you think I'm only 26 years old (or 12, if you're my wife), I must admit I'm a little older than that....my 1980's memories don't include potty training.

Three things from the 1980s that are no longer (for me anyway):

1. I had just turned fourteen when I ran my first marathon, the 1980 Honolulu Marathon. My two brothers and I ran four Honolulu Marathons and one Maui Marathon between 1980 and 1983. Haven’t run one since….but will.

2. The Ray Ban aviator sunglasses were popular in the 1980s….probably influenced by Tom Cruise and the movie "Top Gun." I was in my Air Force training in the 80’s and I think I got mine in the base exchange for a really good deal.

3. Comb….self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment