Saturday, April 23, 2011

Youth Sports Photography

Straddling the Pole by Wayne-K
Straddling the Pole, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

After photographing the high school Freshman basketball season earlier in the school year, I have moved onto high school track and girl's softball. I've never really considered myself a sports photographer, but I am slowing evolving into one.

I helped coach my daughter's softball team the last two years, so I really hadn't had an opportunity to photograph the games. The team manager this year already had a pair of assistant coaches, so I volunteered to be the team photographer instead (although I still help out at the practices and games). The girls are getting used to me sticking my camera in their noses. They are even pretty patient as I fiddle with the manual focus on my FM2 camera. I hope to get more proficient at manually focusing the lens as the season progresses.

Flippin' it to First

Number Four

Winding Up for a Strike

No comments:

Post a Comment