Friday, April 1, 2011

New PR

Cleared It by Wayne-K
Cleared It, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Kevin set a new PR today, clearing eight feet in the pole vault, placing him second in the Freshman competition. This is his first year pole vaulting and I was proud of him. I loved watching his intensity and competitiveness. He, on the other hand, wasn't happy at all....apparently, second place is the first loser. Hmmm, who taught him that?!

Since this was only my second time photographing a track meet, I practiced shooting the varsity boys pole vaulting. This gave me an opportunity to get some experience, find more interesting compositions, and work on my timing. Unfortunately, the Freshmen boys vaulted last, so I had to shoot Kevin's vaults in poor light. But, it was fun shooting anyway!

The only thing I was really disappointed about was missing Kami's softball game, which was occurring at the same time. She played an incredible game, especially her defense at shortstop and pitching. The opposing coach called her the "secret weapon." Kami's coach awarded her the MVP of the game. Although I didn't get to watch her game (or take pictures), I heard all about it and I am equally proud of her performance. It must have been the practice she had with her incredible father on the road earlier in the week. =)


Agony of Defeat

No comments:

Post a Comment