Thursday, December 8, 2011

Newark Tournament

Screen by Wayne-K
Screen, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

The Amador Valley High School Junior Varsity basketball team is participating in the Newark Tournament this week at the Newark Memorial High School. The games are scheduled through Saturday. I'm not much of a sports photographer, but with all of the kids' sports, I may morph into one someday.

The Dons played Bellarmine College Preparatory today. I'm not sure what it is about these Catholic schools, but they sure are athletic. It was a close game for about a quarter and then they pulled away, with the Dons helping out with a number of turnovers.

The Newark gym is a wonderful venue for a tournament. Because of the size of the gym, I shot my Nikon 70-200mm exclusively today. I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable shooting it. With a bit more practice, I'm confident I'll get better with it.

Here are a few shots from today's game.

Score!

Tippy Toe

Spill on Aisle 44

No comments:

Post a Comment