Sunday, March 13, 2011

T-2 Weeks

352/365 - The Arid Triangle by Wayne-K
352/365 - The Arid Triangle a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Just two more weeks to go and I will be done with my 365 project! I started this journey in March 2010 and it's taken me through some new and exciting territories. Right now, I'm captivated by black and white photography. Interestingly enough, the theme in my second week of the project (almost a year ago) was "B&W Nature"...and it was followed by three more B&W oriented themes. My interest in B&W photography lay relatively dormant in my heart for the subsequent months....but it finally jumped out and took over my camera!

The theme for my photography project this week is "geometric shapes." The wife and I walked to the bagel shop this morning for coffee and bagels. I love taking walks with my camera...oops, I mean, with my wife! The sky was overcast for most of the day (eventually turning to rain), so I didn't take many pictures on the walk.

For today's photo of the day, I decided to start with nature's geometry. The obvious shape in the succulent plants is the circular shape of the plants. However, when I looked at them more closely, I saw the beautiful triangle formed by the three plants.

I'm going to be in Dallas, TX for the next three days. I considered taking my SLR camera, but decided to carry the wife's little point and shoot. I hate to finish off the final weeks of my 365 project with a P&S, but it'll have to do. Ultimately, good photos come from good photographers and not good cameras....so my challenge for the next three days is to figure out how to make the best use of my eyes and tools to get a few good photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment