Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mission Accomplished - 365 Finito

365/365 - Loyal Companion by Wayne-K
365/365 - Loyal Companion, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Today marks the completion of my 365 photo project. For me, the project was more than snapping a photo per day for a year. Without a doubt, it has been the most rewarding, learning experience I could have imagined.

Like many cameras, my Nikon D80 (and Minolta film camera before that) lay dormant for most of the years, seeing daylight primarily on special occasions, including birthdays, Christmas, backpacking trips, vacations, and elementary school performances. It was used merely to document life’s achievements and record the scenery. In the three hundred sixty five days since starting my project, the camera has become a part of me. I've learned to appreciate light, notice the beauty in my daily surroundings, and come to realize every day is a special occasion worthy of being recorded in an image.

364/365 - Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment