Thursday, March 24, 2011

A New Journey Begins

I went hiking with some friends on the Pleasanton Ridge yesterday evening. The weather has been wet and rainy for a week now, but we were able to squeeze in a decent hike between rain showers. We started our hike around 6:45 PM and hiked into the darkness, finishing around 9 PM.

The light was never really good, so I set my camera to its maximum ISO, aperture at f/1.8, and as slow as shutter speed as I could...then snapped a few shots. I envisioned the final images to be pictorialist-like...soft focus, grainy, dark, and moody B&W.

One of my friends was kind enough to let me borrow his Nikon FM camera. The FM is the predecessor to the FM2 I plan on purchasing. I'm looking forward to life with the FM2. My plans are to start a "day in the life" photo series, shot primarily with the FM2 and 50mm lens...and in B&W, of course!

Here are a few images from last night's hike.

Lyn on the Ridge

Evening Hike on the Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment