Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Desolation Wilderness


Lake Aloha Starburst
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
I went backpacking with Faye in the Desolation Wilderness this past weekend. The weather was incredible and it was wonderful, trekking through the fresh snow. We parked at the Echo Lake Sno Park and snowshoed over Echo Lake toward Lake Aloha. We settled into camp somewhere near Tamarack Lake.

Aside from the snowshoes, most of my standard three season backpacking gear is perfect for winter backpacking. I do, however, need a warmer sleeping bag, some proper snow boots, and perhaps a down jacket.

Here are a few photos from the trip. I love winter photography because the trees and rocks contrast nicely against the white snow. I'm convinced Helen Keller could have come away with some incredible shots....

318/365 - Echo Lake Cabin

Sunrise

317/365 - Peak

316/365 - Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment