Saturday, November 27, 2010

Duty, Honor, Country

I flew to Washington D.C. for my good buddy's retirement ceremony. Mark retired from the US Army after 21+ years of service. I had the honor of being his commissioning officer back in 1989, when he was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the Army. I can't believe it's been 21 years already!

Here's a photo taken at the Air Force Memorial. I loved the reflection of the Air Force Memorial and Washington D.C. in the wall. I asked Mark to step into the photo to add a human element to the shot. It was a challenge getting an Army officer to pose for a photograph at the Air Force Memorial, but friendships override inter-service rivalries!
241/365 - US Air Force Medal of Honor Recipients

While in Washington D.C., we also visited the U.S. National Arboretum. Here are the National Capitol Columns.
240/365 - National Capitol Columns

No comments:

Post a Comment