Saturday, March 13, 2010

Auntie Pearl's Slides

This blog entry is dedicated to my late Auntie Pearl.  She was apparently an avid photographer, owning a Topcon Wink S camera (circa. 1960's, I believe) and later, a Canon T50 (circa. 1980's).  I usually post my own photos on this blog, but I thought it would be kind of cool to post a few of her slides.

Here's a picture of a few of her friends, presumably on a beach in Hawaii in the 1960's (possibly late 1950's).  Quite honestly, I didn't realize women wore two piece bikinis back in those days.  Maybe I'm thinking about the 1860's....

This young hottie is my mom in 1967, during a trip to Grant Heights in Japan.

I believe this picture was taken at the Honolulu Airport, circa. 1966-67.  The lady with the dark blue dress and the cool glasses is my mom.  She's carrying either me or my twin brother (and her older sister is next to her, carrying the other twin).  My grandma is on the other side of my mom.  The little boy in front looking to the side is my eldest brother, probably looking for trouble.

Here's a picture of my mom, sister, and cousin.  I'm not sure where this photo was taken, but I believe it was in the 1976 timeframe.  Sorry sis, now folks will know you're not really 25 years old....

Here's another picture of my sister, I believe taken on the same day as the photo above.  She was a pretty cute kid back then.  I could say something mean about my little sis here, but I won't.  Truth is, SHE'S HOTTER TODAY THAN EVER....but sorry guys, she's taken.

1 comment:

  1. I love old pictures! Everyone looks a lot younger! Wow, I don't think I see any sun spots on my face as a kid. Look at mom--wasn't she pretty! She still is, of course.

    ReplyDelete