Friday, September 30, 2011

Next Photo Project?

Upon completing my 365 "photo a day" project in March, I began my "Day in the Life" project, capturing everyday life on B&W film, with my FM2 film SLR and 50mm lens. Six months into my project, I've come to realize it's difficult to shoot a "day in the life" project on film because it typically takes me a few weeks to shoot an entire roll of film. Personally, I feel a "day in the life" project would be more interesting if the photos and narratives were posted in a more timely manner.

Perhaps digital is a better medium for a "day in the life" type project? I'm going to continue the project on film for the rest of the year and consider some changes for next year.

I was thinking about a photo diary blog. Conceptually, it would be a "day in the life" type photo captured daily, with a short narrative summarizing the day. For this, I would consider purchasing a compact digital camera, so I wouldn't need to lug my digital SLR around everywhere, everyday.

Alternatively, I may try something a bit less ambitious, perhaps something on film. I have three months to think about this. Drop me a line if you have any ideas....

Guitar Heroine

Guitar Star

16 September 2011 - A Day in the Life

13 September 2011 - A Day in the Life

No comments:

Post a Comment