Monday, January 31, 2011

College Tuition


311/365 - College Tuition
Originally uploaded by Wayne-K
I don't subscribe to the local newspaper because I'm not old. I usually read it online for free. However, I'm a sucker for kids trying to make a better life for themselves....so I signed up for the paper today....and my wife's going to kill me for doing it...AGAIN!

The Tri-Valley Herald newspaper has a program where high school kids sell special newspaper packages for $20 and in return get $20 towards their college tuition. The kid at the door today goes to Antioch HS. He wants to go into law enforcement and plans on attending community college for a couple of years and then transfer to a four year university. I spent about 10 minutes talking to him about various scholarship options, including my elevator speech on ROTC scholarships.

For $20, I'm getting the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday paper delivered to my door for a year, and the kid gets $20 toward his college tuition and some free college advice.

Been sick with the flu, so I've been experimenting with my new flash indoors. Here's a shot of some tomatoes. I put the tomatoes on my flash and triggered it wirelessly...it made the tomatoes glow!

Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment