Monday, January 18, 2010

Hawaii



I'm in Hawaii for my auntie's funeral. I don't like funerals. But then again, I don't know many folks who like funerals. What I don't understand is if nobody likes funerals, why is everyone dying to have one?

Starting a new year with a funeral sucks. But it could be worse...my family could have been from Calgary. No offense to our neighbors to the North, but I've been to Calgary in the winter and there's only one word to describe it...SUPER-FREEZING-COLD!  If I have to go to a funeral, I'd rather it be in Hawaii.

Here are a few pictures from Hawaii.  The picture at the opening of the blog entry is the back side of Diamond Head crater, bathing in the morning light.


This is a beautiful Hawaiian sunrise.  I love how the sky appears almost heavenly.  I also love that this is the view from my brother's lanai -- so I get to enjoy this view every morning.


Not to rub it in, but here are a few more pictures.  I call the one on the left "My Brother's Pool."  I called it this because 1) it is a pool and 2) my brother owns it.  Technically, his wife owns half of it, but "My Brother and his Wife's Pool" didn't have the same ring to it.  The picture on the right is some plumeria flowers from his neighbor's yard.



Lastly, here is a picture I call "Chinese Terrorists."  I appreciate the fact that they are wearing hard hats.  Exploding one's self is very dangerous, particularly in a high-rise building, so a hard hat is a very good idea.

1 comment: