Friday, March 1, 2013

Winter Landscape Photography

The Winter Traveller by Wayne-K
The Winter Traveller, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

I grew up in Hawaii, so snow and cold weather have never been a part of my vocabulary. Although I have skied a few times, I was never really drawn to snow, so it’s amusing to people that know me that I actually enjoy camping in the snow. Well, it’s not that I enjoy freezing my buttocks off, but I love landscape photography and there is nothing more beautiful than the winter landscape in the Sierra. The pine trees and granite contrast wonderfully against the pure, white snow. The snow covers up the distractions and allows me to focus my attention on isolated subjects and interesting tree/rock patterns. The contrast works beautifully in B&W, so my tool of choice during the winter is my Nikon FM2 and Kodak BW400CN B&W film.

Here are a few photos from my recent trips.

33/52 - Trees

The Fallen One

Van Vleck Bunkhouse

Young Life Cut Short

The Tree

Carson Pass

Lone Skier

No comments:

Post a Comment