Sunday, December 16, 2012

Morgan Territory

Got Milk? by Wayne-K
Got Milk?, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Gore-Tex is a beautiful thing. The weather outside's been frightful, but I decided a hike would be delightful...and headed off to the Morgan Territory today. The trails are mostly clay and with all the rain we've had over the last few days, the footing was a bit goopy and slippery. But, it was exactly what the doctor ordered. Neither an apple a day nor Vitamin C can cure acute cabin fever. A hike, however, does the trick every time.

The sun rarely pierced through the thick layer of fog, haze, and clouds, so the light today was pretty flat. I shot primarily with B&W film and a yellow K2 filter to increase contrast, and I am interested to see how my shots turned out in this light. I also managed a few shots on my Panasonic LX5. I think the light worked well on the cow portrait, but it was definitely too flat for wide landscape shots.

Here are a few photos from my hike.

Oaks Along the Trail

Morgan Territory

Trails Through the Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment