Saturday, July 7, 2012

52 Week Photo Project

1/52 Tricycle by Wayne-K
1/52 Tricycle, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Life this year has been hectic, dominated primarily by work and work-related travel. It's been incredibly stressful and quite frankly, unpleasant. Fortunately, I was able to enjoy a two week vacation in Hawaii with my family and this period of decompression allowed me time to really think about my priorities in life.

I clearly need to improve the balance in my work and personal lives. My focus for the second half of the year is to spend a bit more time taking care of myself and my family and not getting overly stressed out at work. My goals are to jog three times per week, manage my work stress (and don't bring it home), and to start a new photography project.

For that last goal, I officially started a 52 Week project -- a photo a week for a year. I joined a new group on Flickr (Phototastic 52) and will be posting a photo each week in this set. I'm excited about my new project. I think it will enable me to continue my growth as a photographer, but without the pressure of a 365 project.

I went for a run/walk with my camera this morning on the Pleasanton Ridge. I enjoy my solo photo-runs because it allows me to relax, get some exercise, and capture a few photos without distractions. The photo above is a tricycle in someone's front yard (on the path to the Pleasanton Ridge trailhead).

No comments:

Post a Comment