Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soon to be Published

Bear Bag by Wayne-K
Bear Bag, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

Here's a photo from my backpacking trip in the Trinity Alps in July 2010. It's Ruben hanging our food in a tree. It's not a great shot, but I liked the perspective and how the wide-angle lens exaggerated the height of the tree.

Anyway, I was contacted via Flickr by a cookbook author who is writing a backpacking cookbook for the Boy Scouts. She wanted permission to use this photo in the book. I mentioned I used to be an Assistant Scoutmaster for my son's troop and led troop backpacking trips....so I would be happy to contribute to a book for the Boy Scouts!

I was actually surprised because I didn't consider it to be one of my better images, but I guess there aren't a whole lot of bear bag photos available.

The best part about this is she was thrilled to use my image and I was thrilled to be getting a few free copies of the cookbook. I may need to try a few recipes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment