Sunday, April 25, 2010

Film Noir

The theme for my photography project this week is "film noir."  Honestly, my culture-less brain had never heard of film noir, so I Googled it.  I now understand it's a B&W film technique from the 40's.

http://www.markholmesphoto.com/news/103-film-noir-photography.html

I took my Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens to my son's basketball game today.  I figured the dim gym light would be perfect for film noir photography.  I set the camera on B&W and aperture priority @ f/1.8...and fired away.  It was a lot of fun and I took some pictures that were very different than my usual style.  One of these days, I want to go into the city and do some street photography in B&W.

Here are a few shots.  Check out my Flickr page for more photos (and a few of my son playing basketball too).

No comments:

Post a Comment