Sunday, June 3, 2012

Great Season, Rebels!

Kami in the Box by Wayne-K
Kami in the Box, a photo by Wayne-K on Flickr.

The 2012 Pleasanton Girls Softball League (PGSL) season is over and the Rebels celebrated with an end of year party at Mountain Mike's Pizza in Pleasanton. Kami had a great year, maintaining a team high batting average of .667 and performing extraordinarily on the mound. She pitched complete games for the final regular season game and two playoff games -- a total of sixteen innings in five days. The coach named her the "Difference Maker" on the team. She was clearly the difference maker, as no other pitcher was able to achieve the level of consistency required over the course of a season. She's my MVP!!

The season seemed to end as quickly as it started. I'm not sure if it was the rain-outs in the beginning of the season or all my business travel at the end of the season. I will say, however, I had a lot of fun working with the players and photographing the games. I'm already looking forward to next season...

Here are pictures from the last few games.

Emily

Old Teammates

Catcher

Great Catch!

Running Home

No comments:

Post a Comment